Data Analyst II (Data Science & Technology), Internal Audit
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Internal Audit team leverage the power of analytics to change the way Uber manages risk.
About the Team
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations.
The Data Science and Technology team within Internal Audit is responsible for driving automation and embedding data driven integrated audit methodology within the audit processes; developing and implementing a technology strategy (AI, Robotic Process Automation, process mining, etc) to enhance the capabilities and the productivity of the Internal Audit group globally.
What You'll Do
- Design and execute data/tech solutions to deliver better governance, risk and control monitoring across product, processes and services at Uber.
- Collaborate effectively with Internal Audit management and team to understand data science, analytical, and visualization needs; then execute and deliver solutions that support those needs.
- Be entrepreneurial in finding new ways to plug in and add value to either existing processes or identifying new ones that have yet to be created.
- Independently design & test risk hypotheses and use data science techniques such as supervised or unsupervised learning to identify/predict risk events in the business.
- Build relationships with business partners across the organization. Identify access, consolidate and manage data that is relevant to support audit objectives.
- Integrate with the core internal audit team during audit projects and act as the driver for data driven audits and storytelling.
- Support Internal Audit data management including administration of Internal Audit data repository while following good data governance guidelines and standard methodologies.
- Build automation, analytics and dashboards to improve the overall internal audit process and its decision making.
- Act as a guide/mentor and provide data science and engineering technical training to other members of the Internal Audit team.
- 3+ years of experience in data science, software development and/or analytics and automation with a business approach
- 5+ years of experience in data science, software development and/or analytics and automation with a business approach
- BA/BS degree in computer science, statistics, data science or other related quantitative undergraduate degree
- Intermediate Coding skills ( Advanced SQL, Intermediate Python and/or Java)
- Foundational Statistics and Modelling (exploratory data analysis, multivariate regression, decision trees, and simple time series analysis)
- Exposure to Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- Track record of storytelling with data, specifically supporting data-driven decisions with compelling visualizations using tools like Tableau, seaborn, and/or ggplot2 / shiny
- Experience in the use of process mining tools such as Celonis is a plus
- A self starter with high-performance and entrepreneurial approach - you're flexible and thrive under pressure
- Strategic problem solving and creativity - in the dynamic and fast paced world of operations, the ability to solve real world problems with technical builds is a must. It requires balanced thinking to ensure we understand the operational impact of your work
- Willingness to learn and apply emerging data driven technology (AI, ML, RPA, process mining)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills. Ability to communicate complex analyses tailored to a broad range of audiences with varying levels of technical understanding
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.