Senior Strategic Operations Manager, Compliance Strategy & Execution
The US&C Controls Monitoring Team helps to keep our US & Canada Rides business compliant with regulatory and internal safety requirements, by executing on our overall compliance strategy, eliminating systematic risk and driving process optimization and centralization.
About the Role
Uber is looking for a sharp, results-oriented, analytical operations specialist to join our US & Canada Rides Controls Monitoring Team under City Operations. If you love scaling processes, managing complex projects and multiple cross-functional stakeholders, and diving deep into the details to create operational efficiency, then this role is for you. The ideal candidate will excel at solving complex problems, managing multiple workstreams and engaging with stakeholders so as to deliver on key business goals that ensure regulatory compliance and unlock growth.
What You'll Do
- You will work closely with business leaders across the company, as well as with internal product teams and external vendors, to develop and execute business strategies related to compliance controls enforcement. This includes things like supporting product rollouts, owning compliance metrics & monitoring, developing compliance strategies, continuous process improvement and scaling solutions across the US&C
- You'll be a connector that brings teams together (Product, Public Affairs, Legal, Engineering, Marketing, etc.)
- You'll ensure high standards for compliance operations; you are an enterprising multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategic initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of Operations experience required
- SQL and other technical skills (scripting, macros, automation) a plus
- Business acumen - You possess good business understanding and judgment. You are comfortable understanding business through data and are thoughtful about overall strategic choices and prioritization.
- Clear communicator - You are clear and concise in verbal and written communication with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the important points, and disseminate actionable insights.
- Grit - You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away. You are adaptable to change and can pivot quickly from long-term thinking to immediate tactical responses.
- Self Starter - You are motivated to solve never-before-seen problems and have a demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguous, fast-moving environments. You balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.