Sr Security Engineer II - Detection Platform
About the Role:
We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer II with technical depth, security intuition, and entrepreneurial spirit to join our Threat Response team! You will use your security experience and strong engineering skills to build and sustain innovative solutions and platforms which empower Threat Response team members to quickly identify, mitigate and respond to abuse and intrusion.
What You'll Do:
- Improve our security Big Data & Streaming Analytics capabilities
- Enhance and sustain our log collection platform and services
- Extend and support our Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) platforms
- Architect and build tools for threat detection, forensic automation and security response
- Enhance the security incident response function by providing data and queries to responders
- Use your security background to derive security insights from our data
- Contribute to operational excellence (write and revise Runbooks, Documentation)
- Join the on-call rotation to support our team's services and applications
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer, systems engineer or site reliability engineer
- Experience implementing proactive monitoring and alerting for infrastructure and services
- Prior experience building a security analytics, intrusion detection or abuse detection platform
- Experience with Elastic Stack
- Experience with information security response protocols, methods, and tools
- You're a specialist in either data processing, security data knowledge specialist, automated security incident mitigation, machine learning or user behavioral analytics for the security domain
- Experience in systems engineering or as a site reliability engineer at an organization with large-scale infrastructure and significant traffic or transaction volume
About the Team:
The Detection Platform team builds innovative solutions and platforms pushing the boundaries of what is possible for security analytics, security orchestration and automation, incident response, and threat intelligence. The team supports Uber's security response and threat detection programs by building a scalable security data and analytics platform and building the real-time streaming and batch detection capabilities used to defend against threats to Uber's services, infrastructure, and millions of users.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.