Senior Salesforce Platform Engineer
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Business Applications team, you will be responsible for the overall stability and increased scale of 10+ Salesforce instances that power the Uber Eats, Uber Freight, Uber for Business, Law Enforcement Response Team and other lines of business.
You will develop innovative features and tooling to improve our Salesforce Org foundation health, security and release management performance. You will also monitor, measure and report platform performance to leadership. As a key member of our global team, you'll join a team consisting of engineering managers, solution architects, program managers, Salesforce developers and administrators, plus other cross-functional stakeholders. We are a collaborative team powering sales, service and operations departments at Uber.
What You'll Do:
- Architect and build a highly scalable Salesforce platform monitoring solution with a focus on stability and automation that will integrate nicely with Kibana, ELK and Grafana reporting systems
- Create reports and dashboard visualizations; present to stakeholders
- Identify areas of improvement for platform health and stability. Prepare recommendations and execute on solutions for deficiencies.
- Improve and build solutions to address architectural gaps or technical debt
- Play an active role in positively influencing project design direction
- Follow industry Standard CI/CD best practices and help oversee Release Management for all Salesforce Orgs.
- Solve business issues through Salesforce development and best practices
- Participate in story planning, standups and retrospectives
- Mentor engineers; Drive enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
- Execute with a team of solution architects, program managers and engineers
- Produce documentation and tutorials that enable other teams
What You'll Need:
- Expert in Salesforce Event Monitoring and/or Shield Platform Encryption
- Expert in building scalable integrations in a variety of programming languages
- Minimum of 5+ years of expertise in architecting, engineering and deploying enterprise monitoring solutions
- Minimum of 5+ years of Salesforce application development experience.
- Salesforce Platform App Builder or Platform Developer 1 certification.
- Experienced with Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API
- Experienced with at least 2 of the following languages: Java, Go, Python
- Experienced with SQL and database systems such as Apache Hadoop, MYSQL, Vertica, etc.
- Experience or exposure to a DevOps role with a passion for stable, resilient and available platforms
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent cross-functional stakeholder management
- Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems
Bonus Points If:
- Familiar with Salesforce Administration
- Integration Architecture Designer
- Mulesoft or other integration platform experience
- Kafka or Other Event based integration systems
- UI/UX design experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.