iOS Engineer 2 - Airports
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
The Airports team in Seattle builds some of the highest traffic core features of both the rider and driver applications at Uber. This role is responsible for building mobile features across our mobile applications to improve the experience of both riders and driver partners at airports. You'll work on exciting projects that elevate the experience for Uber's customers at airports. These customers include riders, driver partners, and airports themselves!
What You'll Do
- Convey sophisticated features with clear and simple UI.
- Work with multiple layers of mobile platform/framework teams to enable features for airports.
- Work with partner teams, PM, DS, Ops, and BE engineers to deliver long term shared goals and end to end features.
- 1+ years of experience in iOS Development
- High proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Swift or Objective-C and a deep understanding of iOS SDK
- Strong skills in analyzing system logs and debugging
- Good written, verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Proven experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile applications
- 4+ years of software development with a focus on UI
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive knowledge in object-oriented software development, MVC architecture, multithreading, networking and memory management
- Experience shipping efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users.
- Experience with Jenkins development or other CI pipeline tools
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.