Manager / Senior Analyst, Indirect Tax
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Tax & Reporting team builds scalable and well-controlled processes to support timely and accurate financial, statutory reporting, and ensure compliance with regional and local tax regulations.
About the Role
Uber is growing rapidly, and we are looking for a Sr. Tax Analyst. This challenging role requires individuals who are driven, process oriented, thrive in a fast paced environment and are excited to solve new challenges every day. This role will be an integral part of US & Canada Indirect Tax working with business partners in Uber's lines of business to identify risks and minimize tax impacts.
Are you a great teammate? Technically savvy? Have a love for number-crunching and analytical thinking? Possess a passion for details and thrive under pressure? Then Uber Tax offers you an opportunity to work with a stellar team at the heart of the company. Join us!
What You'll Do:
- Research: Perform tax research related to products and services for various jurisdictions and compose technical memorandums. Provide succinct guidance to business partners.
- Execute: Assist with information reporting and compliance filings, including sales and use tax returns, business licenses, unclaimed property and tax notices. This includes keeping track of timely filings and payments, ensuring tax accounts are properly reconciled and assisting with SOX control compliance.
- Innovate: Design tax processes that are streamlined, intuitive, and user friendly without sacrificing functionality, accuracy or compliance. This is achieved by using a combination of functional & operational knowledge, the ability to think analytically, and a passion for making a difference.
- Solution: Identify, implement and maintain indirect tax requirements by utilizing the latest tax technology systems, i.e., Vertex O Series and other innovative solutions. Tax system management requires the ability to understand tax and business logic and how to apply that logic to the Uber infrastructure.
- Operational Excellence: Find opportunities to remediate operational and structural weaknesses. Help to develop new processes or improve existing ones to keep operations as efficient as possible. Identify areas in which we are not meeting tax or regulatory standards.
- Partnerships: Support inquiries from Uber's Tax partners and guide cross-functional teams to resolution. Work with Product, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Customer Engagement, Account Management, Sales, Communications and other business teams to achieve optimal tax structuring.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field (Manager & Senior Analyst)
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting, consulting, and/or a high-growth company (Senior Analyst)
- 6+ years of experience in public accounting, consulting, and/or a high-growth company (Manager)
- Solid accounting, analytical, and indirect tax/VAT research skills; experience with Canadian taxes is a plus
- Experience using Vertex, Oracle and SQL a definite plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with timelines, build structure from scratch, and manage a wide range of information
- Self-starter with great attention to detail, project management and organizational skills and demonstrates meaningful ownership of tasks
- Passion and experience working with partners across multiple organizations to drive successful results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate the ability to present facts in a clear and concise manner and effectively influence business decisions
- Consistent track record of leading global projects with measurable business impact
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on
- Demonstrated experience with indirect tax compliance, audit, and controversy
- Familiarity with the application of ASC450
- Technical proficiency in sales/use taxes
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.