Senior Manager / Manager, Accounting - Insurance
About the Role
The Senior Manager / Manager of Accounting - Insurance will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations and financial reporting of our Hawaiian stand-alone reinsurance captive. This role will be collaborative and communicative, with the ability to navigate monthly close activities - keeping a keen eye for efficiency improvement. Insurance industry experience coupled with experience working for, or working with, a large audit firm is strongly preferred.
What You'll Do
- Drive efficiency improvement while managing the month-end close and financial reporting for the Hawaiian stand-alone reinsurance captive.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with Actuarial, Finance, Legal, FinTech, Product & Engineering and various business owners to understand and advise on business transactions and the related accounting impact.
- Influence policies and processes that drive scalable operations, compliance with US GAAP and strengthen the internal control environment. Work closely with the Technical Accounting team to document policies and accounting conclusions.
- Support the audit of the consolidated and captive financial statements.
- Reconcile and monitor the health of the reinsurance captive balance sheet.
- Help lead critical accounting projects, including the design and implementation of key finance systems, global close efficiency and management reporting.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit; walkthrough, develop and document processes and key controls in the insurance cycle.
- Mentor, guide and review the work of other supporting members of the Insurance team.
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience auditing, implementing or operating in a SOX effective environment
- Excel skills
- Manager, 5+ years professional experience
- Senior Manager, 8+ years professional experience
- Experience in performing technical insurance research & accounting for transactions in a foreign currency
- Ability to collaborate with Finance Engineering to build audit ready systems and succeed in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Public accounting background at a Big 4 & CPA
- Ability to read and write SQL queries
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to effectively lead and develop people in a constantly evolving, cross-functional environment
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.