Senior Backend Engineer- Driver Incentives
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
The Driver Incentives team plays a critical role in ensuring adequate supply to meet the market demands across time and space. This team is essential for Uber to function as a multi-sided marketplace. It builds the platform for generating efficient incentives for drivers and ensures these incentives are achieved by drivers. Our team works on several services that operate at 12k QPS and allocates and executes incentives worth hundreds of millions of dollars every year. As a senior engineer on the team you would have a direct impact on large scale technology as well as Uber's business.
What You'll Do
- Design and Develop solutions vital for driver incentives
- Provide leadership / mentorship to junior engineers on the team
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Scientist and Product ops to ensure optimal incentives and driver experience
- Lead critical projects
- Up-level the team with your knowledge and experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience coding/debugging abilities with at least one coding language. We work with Golang, Java, MySQL & NoSQL
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Experience leading and implementing sophisticated projects with multiple dependencies
- Experience with Machine Learning and Big Data technologies like Spark
- Experience with optimization
- Proven experience of shipping high-quality features on schedule
- Good understanding of statistics/econometrics
- Curiosity to learn rides business!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.