Engineering Manager (Load Platform) - Freight
About the Role
As an Engineering Manager within Uber Freight, you are encouraged to serve as a servant leader to your team of hardworking software engineers. Our team is tasked with changing the way the logistics and freight industry works: building apps that empower drivers to find and move freight efficiently, allowing our shippers to have more transparency into the process, and arm our Operations Teams with the best automation and force multipliers Uber can offer.
What You'll Do
As a leader on the Load Platform team, you'll be working closely with our product and operations partners. As we expand, you'll help drive the mission and strategy as we strive to empower our operations team to effectively manage the entire life cycle of a load. The ultimate goal is to make the overall journey as seamless and touch-free as possible while ensuring 'always on' technology.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical leader and Engineering manager.
- 5+ years as a hands-on experience as a technical individual contributor, having played technical leadership roles on projects and features.
- Strong systems design experience, having scaled products to a large user base.
- Experience going through the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy best practices in delivering world class software and services.
- Solid programming skills in Go, Java, Python, or similar.
- Strong people leadership skills including growing and mentoring your team members.
- Experience evolving and communicating a strong vision/roadmap for your team'
- Passion about your team's mission and the self-starting personality to make things happen.
- A track record of delivering results even when requirements are under-specified.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Freight or logistics brokerage industry experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada