Senior Product Manager, Maps Places
About the Role
team's mission is to bridge the gap between digital and physical world. As a Product Manager for Places in the group, you will help define vision, strategy and roadmap for one of the key platforms - "Where To?". Places & product for Uber is unique where accurately defining pickup and dropoff locations is critical for our business, to compute accurate upfront fare, to bring in efficiency in the marketplace and to delight the users with a slick experience.
What You'll Do
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for the Predictions group at Uber.
- Internalize and deeply understand how pickup/dropoff predictions impact core Uber business including time to request a ride, challenges in emerging markets where there is a lack of places data, poor condition - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction.
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Vision. Think outside the box. Imagine what Predictions and other services the world would need tomorrow when we have self-driving cars and other innovations. How would you build today's capabilities that become tomorrow's differentiators.
- Drive a -functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
You will work closely with world-class Engineering teams, Product Managers, Data scientists and Designers to build Places & product for Uber. You will interface with nearly every aspect of the Uber organization - from Rider to Driver experience, from to Marketplace, from Eats to Couriers.
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 4 years of Product Management experience.
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Technical understanding should go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- 2 years of experience building related services.
- Launching online data and services products in international emerging markets.
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), data stores, and file
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.