Lead Content Strategist, Self-Driving
About the Role
As Lead Content Strategist for ATG, you'll lead the efforts for telling ATG's story both internally and externally. While you are a writer at heart, you should feel comfortable with multimedia content creation and delivery. From an inspiring blog post to the script supporting our marketing efforts, the stories you tell will embody ATG's brand voice. Uber's work in advanced technologies has many exciting challenges ahead, and we're excited to welcome you as a team member as we build the future of transportation. This is a full-time position based in either San Francisco or Pittsburgh.
What You'll Do
- Define and own the overall strategy and vision for ATG's content ecosystem and roadmap.
- Evangelize ATG's products internally and externally, building support for direction inside the company and community outside the company.
- Ownership of editorial calendar and traffic KPIs, as well as reader engagement and lead creation metrics / traffic key metrics to ensure communications accomplish business objectives.
- Lead and optimize ATG's external and internal facing content generation, both by leveraging partner resources and creating yourself.
- Strive to convert content into a strategic lever for ATG.
- Write every day in the spirit of great storytelling.
- Help make technology accessible and turn expertise into a shared understanding of some of the most complex technology of our generation.
- Be an outspoken advocate and collaborator with Product, Engineering, Design, and Leadership.
- Build a team to make content generation at ATG a lasting proficiency.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8 years of relevant content creation experience
- Experience working on sophisticated interactive systems or products
- Experience with content strategy, content design, or information architecture concepts
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful content development / copywriting skills
- Understand the technical and complex systems
- Strong copywriting and editing skills, and the ability to deliver content effectively
- Sophisticated communication, diplomatic, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical mentality
- Ability to be an Uber brand and voice standard-bearer and advocate
- Grace and poise in ATG's fast-paced, evolving landscape
- Experience defining, tracking and reporting on content metrics and ability to communicate this effectively to the team
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from all subject areas and levels
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Comfort conducting stakeholder interviews, integrating findings into final proposals
- Ability to travel 25% of the time (when normal travel resumes)
About the Team
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Our Product & Design team builds on a platform of deep insight for our users both internally and externally, turning complex technology into elegant product solutions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.