Software Engineer - Platform and Tools - Self Driving
About the Role
In this role, you'll work with Developer Experience team to build the state of the art large scale development tools and platforms for end-to-end delivery workflows while supporting web development, embedded system development, machine learning, simulation and autonomy. In addition, you will drive technology initiatives end-to-end, across multiple layers of architecture, collaborate with multiple teams, gather requirements, develop specifications, resolve complex technical problems, lead a team of engineers, demonstrate technical leadership, and mentor junior engineers.
- Strong desire for automation: building tools, services, and platforms that enable other engineers
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Designing, launching, and running services in AWS to support a complex and rapidly growing software engineering org
- Strong command of version control systems and policies; well versed in the pitfalls of using version control at scale, particularly with regards to git.
- Deep knowledge of scalable continuous integration processes and tooling, such as Jenkins and BuildKite
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.