Small & Medium Business Sales Manager
About the Role
At Uber Eats, the sales teams are at the core of the company. These are the teams responsible for the growth of our merchant (restaurants and others) partner base. In this context, this role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact in building and shaping the category of food delivery and the future of Uber Eats in Portugal. The Small & Medium Businesses (SMB) Sales Manager for Uber Eats Portugal is a key leadership position, responsible for shaping the sales strategy for the market, leading a team of SMB sellers on the field and all business expansion efforts in the market. This includes setting the winning strategy with both short and long term market goals in mind for all SMB teams, ensuring the right people and processes are in place to execute the strategy and collaborating with central sales strategy & analytics, operations and marketing teams.
This role calls for a combination of true sales passion and grit, strong strategic thinking (both in a business context and in deal structuring context), strong results orientation and an outstanding ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve results.
What You'll Do
- Strategy: Work with senior leadership to define the overall sales strategy that will sustain the leading position and drive the growth of Uber Eats Portugal - including expansions, densification, local favourites and new categories
- Deal-Making: Strategically and creatively design solutions for complex deals. Support your teams to build win-win partnerships
- Team management: Interview, hire and train sales hunter profiles; Lead hands-on training, coach, mentor and develop the team's skills. Develop a high-performing team culture with great ethics for our partners.
- Results-oriented: Meet or exceed monthly team targets, complete associated revenue generation activities. Set OKRs, drive teams to result.
- Planning and tracking: Implement strategic territory forecasting and planning. Through constant data tracking, quickly identify and efficiently solve any performance issues in the team.
- Stakeholder Management & Team Work: Build and develop strong relationships with cross-functional, central and territory teams (e.g.Central Operations, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Communications, Legal, etc.) in order to contribute to the long-term growth of the territory while building a global network
- Hustle: take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done!
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years experience in building the sales strategy, managing and leading sales teams in a high-growth company
- Field Sales/ In-Person sales experience is prefered
- Demonstrated ability to train, develop and empower a sales team
- Skilled at handling sales activity and analyzing metrics to deliver on sales plans
- Experience sourcing and driving partnerships to closure and a proven track record of delivering targets
- A strong strategic and creative mindset, and ability to put in place plans to achieve business targets and goals
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Proficient in Salesforce CRM
- Full proficiency in Portuguese and English is a must!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada