Senior Software Engineer - UberEats for Business
In Uber for Business, we're simplifying the way businesses move. Our engineering team solves unique challenges for both the rider and businesses, providing seamless experiences for travel managers and travelers alike. Help us bring modern ground transportation management to businesses around the globe.
About the Role
The Eats for Business (E4B) team in Palo Alto builds core features for the UberEats app for business eaters. This role is responsible for building features that improve the business eater experience in the UberEats app and grow the top of the funnel of business eaters. E4B is a tight knit group of passionate and talented engineers, designers, data scientists, product managers, and account managers. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and open culture. As a backend engineer in E4B, you'll have the unique opportunity to apply technology to solve Uber's challenges in the business world as well as have a measurable impact on the user experience of our Uber applications from mobile to backend.
What You'll Do
- Work on exciting features that elevate the business eater experience.
- Solve complex logistics problems in the real world with scalable technical solutions.
- Dive deep into multiple tech stacks across the company to enable features for business eaters.
- Work with partner teams to deliver long term shared goals.
- Provide technical leadership to more junior engineers on your team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- Experience overseeing projects from beginning to end as a tech lead
- Passionate about writing high quality code
- Passionate about delivering software that would delight our end users
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada