Eater Operations Manager, Uber Eats - Portugal
About the Role
At Uber Eats, the Operations teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to an assigned market. In this context, this role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact in building and crafting the category of food delivery and the future of Uber Eats in Portugal. As an Eater Operations manager, you will be responsible for the eater acquisition, retention and engagement, while working hand-in-hand with both the Account Management teams to align on the strategy and with the rest of the Operations team to ensure you are using key insights and tools. The role will also be essential in building the Uber Eats brand in the country!
This role calls for a combination of savvy analytics, strategic thinking, strong execution and the interpersonal ability to work alongside a team of Operations Managers.
What You'll Do
- Strategy: Develop and own a full roadmap of initiatives to increase acquisition, engagement and loyalty to Uber Eats
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; this will include processes that overall ensure high-quality experiences in the app including fraud detection, scaling tasks and analysis, helping the company to grow and to track and improve metrics and profitability.
- Budget management: Handle promotions budget efficiently to maximize eater acquisition, engagement and retention
- Analytics: Execution of campaigns and analysis of metrics to properly define and build acquisition channels, guide early lifecycle and re-engagement incentive programs to promote sustainable growth. Conduct experiments and draw insights, build tools and analysis that will form the basis of the promo and marketing strategy
- Growth: Focus on areas of lead generation through partnerships, and optimise the cost of acquisition from channels and guide incentive programs accordingly.
- Build the local brand: Build our brand by identifying and executing unique local marketing opportunities aligned with the business priorities, such as events, partnerships, etc.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our eaters' experience on Uber Eats. Work directly with central teams to prioritise and ensure local relevance of new product rollouts
- Stakeholder Management & Teamwork: Build and develop strong relationships with cross-functional, central and territory teams (e.g., Central Operations, Marketing, Community Operations, Policy, Communication, Legal, etc.) in order to contribute to the long-term growth of the territory while building a global network
What You'll Need
- At least 3 years experience in operations management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy work in a large business, marketing or brand strategy, growing a startup or similar experience.
- Willingness to own a market and grow the Uber Eats business there.
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
- A creative mindset and ability to put in place initiatives to solve practical issues
- A strong strategic mindset, in particular applied to brand positioning
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- SQL knowledge is a plus. Must be willing to learn SQL if it is not a skill they own yet
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.