Product Designer II
About the role
We are hiring a designer in Bangalore to join our world-class design team. You will be working with our global product managers, engineers and some of the best designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment to build Uber's next generation of services.
Uber has already found a strong product/market fit with its world-changing service. But it is absolutely day one for us. We're seeking a small group of unbelievably talented and thoughtful designers to define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far.
We are highly user-centric and we deeply believe we can innovate our way out of any box. The role demands great execution, bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness, and optimism to be inspired by the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
What You'll Need
- You believe in craftsmanship and create elegant and compelling designs, over and over. Your portfolio has some best-in-class work. You're a walking encyclopedia of micro-interactions in use (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better.
- You've 3-6 years of experience in the industry.
- You are a creative leader. You have the ability to cultivate a shared understanding of the user-centered approach between Design, Content, Product, and Engineering team.
- You've shipped products. You've weathered release cycles and know what details matter at each stage, how to motivate engineers to get the fit and finish right, how to translate insights from user studies into meaningful action, and what's most likely to go afoul at each stage. You can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you learned along the way.
- You substantially contribute to defining the 'what' as well as the 'how'. You're a product manager's secret weapon. You thrive best when helping to define the requirements, not just translating them into designs. You facilitate and draw the best design ideas from teammates.
- You can think and talk about the bottom line. Analytics don't scare you, and you know which features can act as force multipliers on your company's business model.
- Prototyping is a key part of your toolset. You've prototyped on multiple platforms. You've made last-minute tweaks between user studies. You know how to be all kinds of quick and dirty, but dream of better prototyping tools.
- Cross-platform is your style. Hopefully, you've shipped something across several platforms. You know what translates from desktop and what doesn't, or why you'd opt for one solution for iOS and another on Android.
- Communication skills. You've good communication skills and can effectively communicate your ideas to the stakeholders.
About Global Studio - Bangalore
We are not just designing for transporting needs, we go way beyond that to make sure you can Uber everything. We work across different geographies solving user problems and partner with different teams across the globe, from designing Uber Bus for Cairo to Uber lite experience in India to designing the Uber support experience across the world. Some products that we've crafted from our Global studio in Bangalore are Uber Bus, Uber Lite, App Help & Support tools, Call2Ride, m.uber.com and much more.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.