Vehicle Control - Technical Lead
About the Role
Our control team's role is to safely control vehicle platforms of multiple OEMs, at scale, using Uber's self-driving system. The vehicle control technical lead will be responsible for well-performing motion control and mode management of our self-driving system across vehicle platforms, even in the presence of faults. Effective collaboration with external OEM partners, and several teams across our organization is necessary for seamless control systems integration. The vehicle control technical lead will:
- Participate in the design of the internal control systems and the tools for their effective evaluation
- Guide control integration engineers to efficiently diagnose and resolve issues
- Actively work with the external automotive partners for achieving the overall systems performance
- Proficiency in control and estimation theory and vehicle dynamics
- 5+ years of experience in automotive vehicle control systems
- Experience in dynamic system modeling for estimation and control
- Experience leading engineering teams and ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Familiarity with Matlab, C and C++ code
- Advanced engineering degree in a relevant field of study (control systems emphasis)
- 7+ professional experience in required skills
- Experience developing for safety-critical systems
- Flexibility to take on tasks outside of own comfort zone - quick learner in a fast-paced work environment
- Familiarity with development in Linux-based environments
- Working knowledge of version control systems like Git
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.