Sr. Product Manager - UberAI
Uber AI's mission is to optimize and innovate Uber's products and business using machine learning and AI. The group consists of Uber's machine learning platform team which enables machine learning at scale, AI building blocks which enable product teams to build unique experiences and engagements with product teams on their business problems.
About the Role
We're looking for a senior product leader to help define and drive our efforts for the UberAI Engagement team. Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. To do this we rely on state of the art ML/AI algorithms across different problems to optimize our ETA's, Pricing, Dispatch, Incentives, Safety and Risk decisions. Solving these hard problems is the secret sauce that leads to a magical experience for our customers.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with world-class engineers, product managers, data scientists, and designers to build new and improve existing solutions that use ML/AI. You will interface with many aspects of the Uber organization - within the UberAI to Rider, Driver, Safety to Marketplace.
- Craft a bold product vision, strategy and roadmap for all aspects of UberAI's engagement efforts
- Define a compelling strategy for how we approach key problems like recommendation, safety, pricing etc.
- Drive execution and impact, delivering products through the design, development, and testing process.
- Inspire and drive work across many cross-functional teams in Uber.
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience.
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Technical understanding should go from the highest abstractions down to the details.
- Fluidity with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- 2 years of experience building products that use ML/AI algorithms
- Proven ability to engage with internal and external teams that use complex platforms and/or technologies
- Launching online data and services products in international emerging markets.
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
- You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on
- High bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- True passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.