Program manager, Tech (Engg Services)
About the Role
GSS Engg Services Team mission is to Drive Engineering efficiency at Uber by managing diverse engineering engagements(Development, Integration, Support) and delivering them through preferred vendor partners.
As a program manager tech for Engineering services function in GSS, you will be responsible for defining, scaling, managing and delivering product support and development activities. You will be responsible for scope, resource and execution through leadership and vendor management. Development activities span scoping & solutioning, design and development, maintenance and migrations, while support activities include tech support and Ops support. This role requires both technology fluency and experience with managing global rollouts leveraging vendor partners or third party contractors or consultants.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with key stakeholders for scoping and prioritizing development activities based on the business impact/ teamOKRs.
- Coordinating activities across teams for timely releases and track progress against targets for all your engagements.
- Develop a deep understanding of the tech stack and support needs of various engineering and product partners.
- Managing timelines, deadlines, feature sets, risks, change requests, releases, and track project budget and financial metrics.
- Status reporting across senior management and cross-functional teams.
- Establish best practices across similar work streams such that they are reusable.
- Identify tool/process opportunities and influence development teams to deliver enhanced functionality.
- Establish measurement metrics and methods for tracking work productivity, utilization, and quality.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What you'll need:
- 5-7 years of overall experience in software development projects
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience, preferably open source environment
- Good exposure to Agile software development process. Experienced in working with global teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing engineering solutions and solving problems.
- Ability to solve unstructured problems
- Technically savvy and able to ramp up on new technologies quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across vendor engineering teams.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a strong bias for action.
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, scrappy tech startup.
- Familiarity with scalable enterprise application ecosystem
- Hands on with any language and framework
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.