Senior Product Manager - Rider Personalization
Product teams at Uber create the vision for the future of urban mobility: deeply understanding our customers to solve their transportation needs with innovative technology. On the Rides team, we work on products that ignite opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
About the Role
We're looking for a senior product leader to help define and drive our efforts in rider personalization. Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. While we have built a lot of tech to make the experience much more tailored to each rider, we have a lot more we can be doing to make the experience feel more magical and adapt to each person's needs, routines, and preferences.
What You'll Do
You will work closely with world-class engineers, product managers, data scientists, and designers to build the foundations for a more personalized rider experience. You will partner with many aspects of the Uber organization - within the Rider team to Uber AI to Marketplace.
- Craft a bold product vision, strategy and roadmap for all aspects of Rider Personalization efforts.
- Define a compelling strategy for how we approach personalization.
- Drive execution and impact, delivering products through the design, development, and testing process.
- Inspire and drive work across many cross-functional teams in Uber.
- Minimum of 4 years of Product Management experience.
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Technical understanding should go from the highest abstractions down to the details.
- Fluidity with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- 2 years of experience building Search personalization related products.
- Launching online data and services products in international emerging markets.
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
- You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on
- High bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- True passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature
- Never-ending desire to grow and learn
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.