User Experience Researcher - Global Rides Studio
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
An Uber Sr User Experience Researcher, your mission is to advise and influence product decisions with outstanding insights about people, technology, and services in our current and future world. You will have a deep impact across a wide variety of business and technology decisions spanning multiple initiatives and locations. You'll work on the heart of what makes Uber magical for riders and drivers around the world! You'll play an integral role in crystallizing user problems, project vision, and strategy to find inspiring new ways to Uber's outstanding mobility and delivery options.
What You'll Do
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate the impact of product changes and capture insights at scale
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Collaborate with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is coordinated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to advise business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high-quality insights in a fast-paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products such as car rides, food delivery, and couriers
- Build insight across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders, driver-partners, couriers, and employees in cities all around the world and always a champion for our users
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, Anthropology, Communications, Information Science, Sociology, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 + years of professional experience conducting user research
- MS or Ph.D. degree in HCI, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
- Familiarity with a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as Python, R, Matlab, C++, Java or Go), and in SQL
- Previous experience conducting research in other global regions and working on products with global impact
- Previous experience identifying, onboarding, and leading external research, translation, transcription, and tools vendors
- Ability to travel within the United States and abroad
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.