Fullstack Software Engineer, Elevate Airspace Systems
About the Role
The Elevate team is weaving the everyday flight into the Uber platform. We are developing Uber Air to enable aerial ridesharing at scale via eVTOLs - all-electric, vertical takeoff and landing vehicles, with a planned launch in 2023. The full-stack engineer will focus on developing tools for operating Uber Elevate's aerial ridesharing services at scale.
What you'll do
- Develop a deep understanding of aerial ridesharing operations and airspace automation for Urban Air Mobility (UAM).
- Build applications from scratch to deliver delightful user experiences for Elevate's Operational workflows.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of existing architectures and evolve them to satisfy future product requirements.
- Work in a multi-functional team (engineers, designers, product) to deliver on critical business goals for Elevate.
- Collaborate with aviation partners, such as aircraft operators, NASA in developing the airspace applications.
- At least 1+ years of frontend/full-stack development experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or have equivalent technical experience.
- Interest in building high-quality software for aviation operations.
- Being customer obsessed and having the ability to collaborate with broader Elevate team balance quality, speed, and scalability.
- Expertise in frontend technologies including React, Redux, JSX, ES6/7, etc.
- Experience in architecting frontend applications from the ground up.
- Comfortable working across the stack and understanding how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Experience in Java, Go, or equivalent backend languages.
- Experience with geospatial datasets and services such as maps, GPS traces, etc.
- Experience in Uber visualization frameworks like deck.gl, luma.gl, etc.
- Experience in Aviation!
About the team
You will be assigned to the software engineering org within Elevate. The candidate will closely collaborate with software engineers, data scientists and designers accomplish their day-to-day goals. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.