Sr Software Engineer
About the Role
The Release Engineering team focuses on delivering the latest autonomy software to our test and production fleets. Developers use our tools and systems to test their changes offline and on our test track. We support automated testing, release packaging, release crafting, and fleet deployments in cooperation with our software and operations teams.
As a Release Engineer, you'll work on the tools, systems, and infrastructure required to deliver our software products to the fleet. This includes software packaging processes, storage, distribution, and tracking of testing efforts for software releases.
- Develop and support the continuous build and release process of our self-driving software product
- Develop the systems and processes that are necessary to validate our self-driving software for use on public roads
- Python development, web development for the services and tools that our team maintains
- Coordinate with external software and operations teams to ensure that the release packaging processes are keeping in step with a quickly developing and fast-paced
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Fluent development abilities in Python, Go, or related languages
- Experience working with continuous integration (CI) build systems for large-scale software development environments (Buildkite / Phabricator / Jenkins / Travis)
- Previous experience developing and/or maintaining release crafting processes and tooling
- Experience in Bash or Shell
- Familiarity with modern web development technologies (i.e. React/Redux)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.