Security Engineer - Self Driving
About the Role
The security of Uber ATG's production and development environments is critical to the success of our self-driving mission. The ATG Engineering Security team is responsible for evolving and managing the integrity of our cloud and on-premises infrastructure as well as the systems and machines employees use everyday. Working together with the Vehicle Security team, we ensure a holistic security position from development to on-the-road operations of the self-driving fleet.
Working on the Engineering Security team, you will interact with all teams and have a direct impact on ATG's day-to-day activities. Our work is diverse and includes software engineering, developer operations, policy, compliance and incident response.
- Experience working in a company with multiple sites and remote workers
- Academic qualification(s) in Engineering, Security or Computer Science
- Demonstrable experience in one or more of the following skill sets: Security Architecture, Security Automation, Cloud Security (AWS), Identity and Access Management (IAM), Application Security, Infrastructure Security, Network Security, Incident Response or DevSecOps.
- Experience administering security and monitoring within AWS
- Experience working in a multi-datacenter and distributed corporate environment
- Experience with at least one or more scripting or programming languages such as Python, bash, Golang, C++
- Experience with system administration/DevOps/SRE skill sets such as centralized configuration management, infrastructure automation, advanced configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with heterogeneous, multiple integrated environments
- Experience taking on complex problems that span multiple systems and teams with impactful results
- Proven self starter capable of taking an idea through design and development to implementation
- Comfortable delivering results within rapidly evolving environments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.