Data Scientist - Eats Merchant
About the Role
The Merchant team at Uber Eats aims to increase merchant selection, including restaurants, while setting up merchant partners for success. We use elements of modeling, causal inference, forecasting, and optimization to optimize the experience of restaurants at different points in their life cycle and empower them with tools to increase demand and maintain a frictionless interaction with the platform. We are seeking a full time data scientist to work on Merchant Marketing Tech, a sub-team that focuses on optimizing restaurants' online presence to boost their business and achieve their goals, finding win-win operational goals for both Uber Eats and our partners.
What You'll Do
- Develop the optimization / recommendation models to help merchants find the marketing strategy that best suits their goal and budget.
- Design experiments / reinforcement learning system to inform pricing of various demand generation levers UE has to offer to merchants.
- Conduct complex analysis to answer key questions and influence product strategy.
- Present findings to senior management to inform business decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing to drive system development end-to-end from ideation to productization.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field (if MS, a minimum of 3 years work experience is required).
- Ability to use a language like Python, R, or Scala to work efficiently at scale with large data sets (including exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis, and machine learning model development) in a production environment.
- Ability to evaluate solutions in terms of business impact in addition to traditional stats or ML criteria
- Advanced knowledge of experimental design, statistical methods, and causal inference.
- Experience working with product teams, designing ML architectures from scratch that fits into the product vision.
- Experience with optimization / recommendation systems.
- Experience designing large scale experiments and leveraging the data for product decisions.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to execute on decisions. * Self-driven with the ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills, for example demonstrated through documentation and presentations.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.