Mobile Engineering Manager
About the Role
As an Mobile Engineering Manager on the Safety Engineering team in Brazil, you will be a member of Uber's first Tech Center in LATAM! We are initially focused on sophisticated technologies to improve safety around the world, such as advanced telematics, machine learning, high scale distributed systems, real time data processing and mobile development, among others.
What You'll Do
- You will manage a team of mobile engineers to deliver world-class safety solutions
- Partner with customer teams, help see opportunities, gather requirements, and lead a technology roadmap and vision for the team
- Recruit, encourage, and grow a mobile eng team
- Develop systems and software to bring world class safety to global Uber
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.)
- Strong experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Significant experience building and operating critical high-scale systems
- Phenomenal management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and transparent feedback, help team members grow in their careers, and deliver results
- Expertise and interest in growing teams: interviewing junior and senior engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, efficiently onboarding new team members
- Good software engineering methodology: meaningful and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs
- Outstanding technical skills in mobile engineering: Uber managers can lead from the front when the situation calls for it
- Proficient in English
About the Team
Our team uses real-time telematics and motion sensing technologies along with multi-faceted machine learning algorithms and user-facing mobile products to reduce and prevent unsafe driving and behavior on the Uber platform. The team is building low-latency data streaming infrastructure that ingests terabytes of data daily before applying statistical modeling and signal processing algorithm, NLP auditing as well as facial biometrics recognition solutions. Our work touches all parts of the Uber experience from dispatch to on-trip and post-trip, as well as Uber's entire ecosystem ranging from our rides business to other newer Uber marketplaces, and ventures.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.