Software Engineer in Motion Planning
About the Role
- Work in motion planning and contribute to the planner features and capabilities
- Integrate parts of the planner with other parts of the autonomy stack
- Triage and fix issues in the planner and systems integrated with the planner
- Creates tests and documentation for work done.
- Two or more years of recent experience in OOD
- One or more years of recent experience in C++
- Bachelors degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline)
- Strong Linux development experience
- Writes clean code, smart tests, and fixes issues when found, even when its someone else's
- Experience with open source software development tools and frameworks
- Critical thinker that takes on big challenges to create innovative solutions
- Masters degree (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline)
- Experience building highly performant software for constrained hardware (BIG plus) (examples: autonomy/robotics, gaming engines, high-frequency trading)
- Experience in SDV development
- Mentors others in software best practices, code quality, and testing
- Software architect experience
- Python experience
- Works well on teams, communicates well, and takes direction from senior engineers
- Eager to take on new challenges and willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Quick learner and self motivated
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.