About the Role
Test Operations Mission Specialists will help to test new software and hardware on our Self-Driving Ubers so that we can bring our technology to the world safely and efficiently. You will be responsible for operating and monitoring all systems in the vehicle while providing clear and effective feedback to engineers. This is a role for open minded self-starters who thrive in collaborative, problem solving environments.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- At least 21 years of age and at least 5 years of driving experience
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving history, validated by a regular MVR check
- Must continually pass safety and performance checkpoints for continued employment
- Must pass drug screening, both upon initial employment, during randomized testing, and at the request of management
- Align with a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of alcohol or drugs in accordance with ATG Operational Policies
- Pass criminal background check
- Pass periodic DOT-based physical
- The ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Enjoys driving vehicles for extended periods of time
- Comfortable regularly using a laptop in a moving vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable entering commands in a command line interface
- Ability to quickly learn new software and processes - quick learner in general
- Experience with Jira, iOS, G-Suite, Linux, Slack
- Comfortable working on rotating shifts, including open availability (nights, weekends, early mornings)
- Comfortable with travel for up to one month at a time
- Experience with customer service
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.