Sr Software Engineer (Architect), Customer Obsession
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced technologist who can architect, build, and scale our platform and core systems that power mission-critical user experiences including customer support, frictionless experiences & personalization.
What the Candidate Will Need :
- 8+ years of solid track record in product engineering space.
- Deep, industry leading expertise in one or more technology domains and are the "go-to" person for one or more areas of their business. Actively seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and solve them little to no guidance.
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and a keen eye for building architectures that scale and extend easily for longevity. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level and also influence groups to move in the right direction.
- Scalable Distributed Systems experience: You've built systems that have scaled to millions of users and requests and have stood the time of test. You love identifying where the next system bottleneck will be, and address that proactively.
- Strong Code and documentation - your code should be used as the example for your company and you have the ability to build and design technical solutions from the ground up.
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- A team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements and business use cases beyond the written word.
About the team:
The Customer Obsession (CO) team provides an end-to-end customer engagement platform for all Uber products: Ride sharing, UberEats, Uber for Business, UberHealth, UberFreight. We strive to provide world class customer support to our end-users: riders, driver-partners, restaurants, eaters, freight carriers, truckers, Uber business partners and hospitals, by building and integrating a bespoke suite of tools for our Customer Service representatives.
While Uber strives to design defect free products, the physical realities of the environment we operate in such as traffic patterns, delays in food preparation, and credit card fraud introduce unforseen defects in our products.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.