Sr. Manager Financial Risk Management
About the Role
The Senior Finance Manager of FRM will be instrumental in building and leading the team focused on risk identification, remediation and process improvements related to the financial reporting and supporting processes.
This individual will help define a best-in-class program, lead through a methodology approach and influence programmatic changes for the internal team and cross functional partners; while being responsible for the day to day activities the program deliverables.
They will drive program oversight and efficiencies in their areas and be an effective partner with the other verticals of the FRM team while also building and maintaining a productive relationship with internal partners and external auditors with focus on ICFR and other financial risks. This role will report to the Global Head of FRM.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the various stages of Internal Controls (ICFR) from design assessments, operating effectiveness and evaluation of control issues that may be identified to meet the company's SOX 404 requirements.
- Supervise the performance of the 3rd party service provider to ensure timely and quality results for the program
- Ensure adequate planning and communication is made as it pertains to the program plan, status and critical achievements to both internal and external partner
- Act as a leader while partnering with external auditors to ensure timely updates occur and challenges are addressed
- Engage with key partners as their trusted advisor on internal controls and process efficiencies, providing insight and direction as they maneuver through financial risks.
- Review and assess new proposed business changes at a holistic level to ensure a comprehensive end-to-end evaluation of financial risk landscape is considered and influence to ensure adequate controls are in place to minimize exposures for the company
- In partnership with the FRM Corporate Applications teams, review complex FinTech related processes for dependencies of risk that may arise from a complex environment that has both standard or customized processes and automation.
- Provide valuable and efficient recommendation for the business teams as needed with a demeanor of prudence and practicality.
- Lead as a domain specialist on financial internal controls to the other broader Finance organization
- Be a primary liaison with Uber's Internal Audit function to ensure risks are evaluated as they impact financial reporting.
- 10+ years experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Big 4 experience
- Experience in building or running SOX compliance programs
- Ability to dissect issues, resolve root cause(s) and isolate risks impacting the financials.
- Experience managing a team through evolving changes to ensure quality and timelines are not compromised while running projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated proficiency in evaluation of internal control over financial reporting, documenting and isolation of issues through control evaluation framework
- Experience in assessing and reviewing processes such as Financial reporting, HR, Legal, Debt, Financial Analysis, Operational Accounting, Treasury, etc.
- Past experience as an advisory/internal auditor or similar function is ideal.
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.