Senior Analyst, IT Financial Risk Management
The Senior Analyst - IT Financial Risk Management will be passionate about coordinating and building an elite IT risk management program for Uber's finance function, working with the other arms of the finance risk and controls team to develop an integrated risk and controls program to respond to existing and emerging risks.
The role will work closely with internal and external partners, interacting on a day to day basis with IT Internal audit team, business process owners and the Finance Technology (FinTech) team to rationalize and automate Uber's financial controls environment.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain relationships across Finance and the wider business, Internal Audit, external audit and other external stakeholders to drive effective financial risk management,.
- Understand and manage emerging risks through early detection and adopt preventative measures to manage them.
- Work with FinTech and process owners to improve efficiency of control environment through implementation of automation and process improvement
- Bridge gaps between IT controls and business controls, including ITGC's and automated business controls. Work with IA to ensure complete control environment is managed
- Work with emerging business lines to understand risk profile and ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Assist in the completion of compliance activities such as; narrative and flowchart development, risk assessments, control rationalization, management controls testing
- Provide control related support and training for the team to help mitigate financial risk through fostering an effective controls environment.
- Implement new process and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of IT audit (internal or external), controls, IT, compliance or risk management experience
- Experience with SOX readiness assessments and control implementation
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Strong organization skills with an ability to plan and perform multiple tasks
- Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, supervising and remediating deficient financial controls
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Experience with information technology general controls and automated business process controls and concepts using both homegrown and COTS ERP systems.
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
- Ability to analyze complex processes to identify potential financial, operational, systems and compliance risks across major finance cycles
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including managing a team.
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.