Sr Software Engineer, Financial Products - Uber Cash
The magical moment of the first Uber ride is when the rider gets out of the car and never has to reach for their wallet. Digital payment is truly core to the Uber experience. Unfortunately, the 35% of riders that pay with cash do not experience the same delight with Uber.
The mission of the Uber Cash team is to digitize people's cash and provide seamless and rewarding payment experiences. The team is responsible for the both Uber Cash and Gift Cards products.
Your role on the Uber Cash team will be:
- Work with product, designers, cross functional team in building out new product features. You will have direct impact on the future of the product.
- Collaborate with Eats, Rides, Transit, Uber for Business, and other product team on incorporating Uber Cash into their products. You will have impact across many products across Uber.
- Design and build a scalable backend architecture to support current and future needs of Uber Cash and Gift Cards. You will be building the foundation to enable rapid product innovation and iterations.
- Elevate engineering quality by improving system reliability, testing, and mentorship. You will build trust with users and raise our engineering bar.
About the Role
As a backend engineer, you will lead building highly scalable and reliable services to support Uber Cash as a payment service provider. You will help define the vision and architecture to support current and future needs of the product. You will work closely with the Money Platform team to support Uber Cash as a payment type for all Uber products.
What You'll Do
- Design and architect the Uber Cash backend ensuring high reliability and low latency
- Build highly performant distributed systems
- Leverage experimentation framework to test, measure, and analyze new product features.
- Lead and mentor the team for high engineering standards
- Work with Money Platform to support paying with Uber Cash
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Experience with developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- Experience with Software Development processes such as design, planning, implementation, maintenance & documentation
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Passion for learning new technologies, domains, and challenging the status quo.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline
- Expertise in one of the languages such as Java/C++/Python
- Sound knowledge about database concepts such as transactions, indexing, concurrency
- Experience building high availability distributed systems
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and solve them
- Payment/finance experience is a plus, but not mandatory
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada