Account Executive, Carrier Sales
About The Role:
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
Our Carrier Account Executives are responsible for moving things from point A to point B. They provide the best service to our carrier partners but aren't afraid to negotiate. This team is committed to constant improvement. We hope you are excited to help create a product with lasting value. This role will focus on developing and executing the Powerloop Program, a universal trailer pool working to democratize access to drop trailer freight.
On the Uber Freight team, we believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our passion for pursuing today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
What You'll do:
- Handle any issues that may arise in the normal operation of freight movement
- Source carrier partners while maintaining established relationships
- Bring new transportation partners onto the platform to increase active app users
- Monitor carrier partner service levels and implement corrective action plans where necessary
- Work with carrier partners to continually seek new solutions for their logistics challenges
- Ensure that all freight is moved on time and at a fair cost
- Optimize asset utilization and minimize trailer dormancy by allocating business effectively
- Be able to speak to core operational and growth metrics with the management team
- Develop process and system improvements to continually raise the bar of execution
- Serve as a partner to our operations and sales team anticipating challenges and presenting solutions to support Uber Freight's business objectives
- Always thinking about how to do things better, faster, more efficiently
- Be resourceful, creative, and get things done
*THIS SHIFT WILL BE A WEEKEND SHIFT THURSDAY-MONDAY**
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in carriers sales at a transportation company
- Operational experience is required
- Proven experience executing drop trailer freight and/or running an asset-based network
- 3PL experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of shippers, transportation partners, and internal partners
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong communication, organizational, and stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.