Manager, Freight Product Specialists
About the Role
Trucks move everything you buy, why shouldn't booking a truck be as magical as booking an Uber? Uber Freight is seeking analytics-driven, program managers who aren't afraid to take on the hairy, complex, and profitable business of trucking and turn it into something simple, thoughtful, and magical.
The fundamental goal of Uber Freight's Product Operations Team is to ensure we create the right products to move our business forward. A Freight Product Specialist acts as the Uber Freight Operations Team advocate throughout the product process. They will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders on both our Operations and Tech Team to surface, prioritize, test, rollout and iterate on products.
We are seeking a manger of Product Specialists for the following Freight Product Teams:
- Carrier Experience - Focus on the carrier and driver app experience - growth (top of funnel, onboarding, and first booking) and engagement (search and discovery, on-trip experience, and retention).
- Enterprise and Expansion - Focus on strategically investing in Big Bets to unlock step-change growth for the future and finding product-market fit for entirely new markets and business lines.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of Freight Product Specialists on the below responsibilities across Freight Product Teams
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders across the Operations and Tech orgs
- Ensure functional stakeholders are aligned on key objectives for the program / product
- Provide data-driven justifications throughout the product prioritization process
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (legal, tax, policy, support etc), including senior leadership, to prepare product for launch
- Track core business metrics related to the product - building dashboards, Google Analytics, etc.
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to inform product improvements
- 4+ years experience in business operations, strategy, product, or similar role (e.g. consulting, finance)
- Excellent communication, the ability to engage internal and external customers
- Strategic alignment, able to bring key stakeholders across functions together
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- People management is preferred
- Strong understanding of the product process and familiarity with working with Tech Teams
- Ability to pull data to inform and support critical decisions through SQL
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.