Public Affairs Manager, Mid-Atlantic
About the Role
We are looking for someone to join our team as Manager of Public Affairs. This role is based in Washington, DC and reports directly to the Director of Public Policy & Communications for the South/Southwest. The role will cover Washington, DC (local), Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina and South Carolina. In this role, you will:
- Work to ensure that the regulatory frameworks in the Mid-Atlantic region enable the benefits of Uber for our customers and the cities we operate in.
- Partner externally with government and other entities on innovative transportation solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with Uber's Operations, Legal, Marketing and Social Impact teams.
- Manage a team of external lobbyists and communications consultants.
- Develop Uber's legislative and political strategy throughout the region on Uber Rides, Uber Eats, Uber Health, self driving, transit, etc.
- Prioritize and respond to inbound inquiries from reporters for Uber's fast-paced press cycles.
- Prepare, update, and prioritize messaging to respond to issues.
- Represent Uber at legislative and regulatory hearings.
- Track legislation relevant to Uber at the municipal, county and state level.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 7+ years of proven experience in government, public affairs, legal and/or policy.
- Inspiring leader: we're changing the way cities move, so we need people who can help us think about the future.
- Strong campaigner: we are trying to accelerate cities toward the future of urban mobility. To do that, you'll need to put together proactive campaigns involving passengers, drivers and third parties that demonstrate there's a better alternative to the status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do--and a willingness to engage constructively in the debate.
- Standout colleague: Success at Uber depends on the ability to prioritize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It's why we're looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get things done--and who can take care of the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Self starter: We are open to people who have experience in other areas, who have a deep understanding of these issues and may be looking for a career change.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.