Sr. Security Program Manager
About the Role:
As a Senior Program Manager on the Execution Excellence Team, you will support various projects focused on Identity Access Management (IAM) and you will:
- Drive complex initiatives using new and existing technologies.
- Play a critical role in the definition of the projects you manage, drive priorities and goals, and track progress on milestones and service deliverables.
- Anticipate dependencies, drive decisions, and detect known problems early.
- Facilitate resolution management across multiple teams as needed.
- Identify the "About the Business" need and create new processes or influence existing processes to solve this need.
What You'll Do:
- Provide program/portfolio/project management with specialization in the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Domain
- Earn the respect of world class engineers and serve as their collaborative partner
- Foster innovative solutions to security, engineering, and infrastructure challenges
- Create and maintain project plan/activities during project implementations and obtain necessary approvals from internal stakeholders
- Maintain excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism while delivering best in class customer service
- Provide thorough and detailed support of IAM platforms and associated technical product documentation in support of high-quality and reliable service delivery
- Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to ensure on-time project and service delivery
- Learn and master knowledge base of supported identity access management system and touchpoints to associated services and partnering teams
- Manage projects in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years as an effective project manager and/or program manager
- Proficient with project management tools and software (e.g., JIRA, Asana, Google Drive, etc)
- Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Clear communication style, you are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate meaningful insights.
- Knowledge of Identity Management concepts
- Industry certifications in information security or program management such as Certified Information Systems Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions: Knowledge of SQL queries, views, report construction
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish trust with internal/external partners
- Clear and effective written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive efforts to completion
- A desire to work in a collaborative environment as a team player, and to solicit and provide constructive feedback
- Organized, self-driven, and comfortable working with a wider variety of teams across Uber organization
- Proven track record of implementing processes and improving throughput velocity within a complex org structure
About the Team:**
**Uber's Security team works to ensure the security of all private, personal and payment information for our full set of users - riders, drivers and partners. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Uber is simple, secure, and safe.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.