Counsel, Core Technologies
The Product Legal team is a group of talented and diligent legal professionals that provide frontline support for the development, launch and execution of products, features and programs for Uber. We advocate on behalf of our regional partners and specialists as well as the client.
About the Role
We're looking for an exceptional attorney to join our Core Technologies legal team, which supports the product and engineering teams responsible for the technology that powers Uber's global platform.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a front-line attorney advising Uber's dynamic product managers, engineers, designers, analysts, deal makers and operations specialists who develop, launch, and constantly improve the technology that powers millions of trips everyday
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including privacy, data security, litigation risk, intellectual property, antitrust, and licensing, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the Core Technologies legal team and other legal teams, such as Employment, Privacy, IP, and Compliance to provide comprehensive advice, and solve legal problems quickly for the teams you support
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of product development through launch
- Draft terms and conditions, FAQs, legal disclaimers, and other policies governing the use of Uber products and services
- Create and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risks
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state
- A technical degree (Engineering, CS or similar) is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house
- Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to software and hardware design, software licensing, and technology platforms
- Experience with data protection and security, technology compliance and privacy preferred
- Experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements
- Flexibility and confidence to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing environments
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including technical groups, in-house counsel, vendors, and outside counsel
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and cooperation across organizations and functions
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact
- Experience supporting businesses operating in multiple global markets
- Experience supporting marketplace businesses
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.