Data Analyst II
About the Role
We are looking for a data analyst to join our Safety and Insurance Analytics Brazil team to drive analytical projects to improve safety on the Uber platform. In this role, you'll be working closely with a cross-functional team consisting of engineering, product management, and other data teams to build scalable analytical solutions using our most critical tables serving product analytics and safety incident data. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in data analysis tools such as SQL, Python, data visualization tools along with an excellent statistics background (machine learning is a plus). The candidate should also have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills that can partner with various cross-functional teams to understand requirements, develop, test, and deploy quickly.
What You'll Do
- Build scalable analytical framework to support product analytics and safety incident data
- Assist with new product experimentation including plan creation, roll-out, and monitoring
- Work with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product management, various data teams to deploy data quality across critical pipelines and to set up processes to triage data issues
- Create metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor safety products on our platform
- Effectively and proactively communicate insights and drive projects to improve safety
- Proactively seek out opportunities to build new solutions to tackle safety challenges
- Support Uber's rapidly growing and unique safety and insurance operations
- Create and drive data quality standards and frameworks to ensure inclusion into pipeline engineering efforts
What You'll Need
- BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business or analytical field (graduate degree in STEM related field a plus)
- SQL experience
- Python experience (experience in R a plus)
- Background in data visualization and reporting leveraging open source libraries/packages and third-party tools (Tableau or similar)
- Strong statistical background
- Very strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills including fluency in English
- Highly detailed oriented
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
Bonus Points if
- Previous experience with identity management & fraud analysis
- Experience in machine learning especially in computer vision/object recognition/facial recognition and dealing with rare events a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.