Senior Analyst, Financial Risk Management
About the Role
The Senior Analyst, Financial Risk Management, will be responsible for the execution of the Financial Risk Management strategy to build an elite FRM/SOX program, through successful implementation of controls to respond to financial reporting risk within the finance function, specifically Revenue and ASC606. The successful applicant will work within relevant partners, including external auditors, to address financial risk by maintaining an effective and efficient control environment.
What You'll Do
- Work with control owners to evaluate, design, develop and implement effective and efficient financial controls
- Partner with Internal Audit to improve processes and coordinate remediation plans for deficiencies, supervising through to completion
- Project lead major financial audits and support internal and external auditors in facilitating audits from a risk and controls perspective.
- Work with emerging business divisions to ensure an appropriate control environment is established
- Implement new processes and controls in response to changes to the business environment, such as; new product introduction, changes in accounting standards, internal process changes or reorganization.
- Build and maintain flowcharts, narratives and control documentation for key financial processes
- Perform management testing of controls and make suggestions to control owners
- Coordinate the completion of risk assessments, ensuring that compliance responsibilities are achieved
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Proven project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience managing, supervising and remediating deficient financial controls
- Process management experience, including process redesign and optimization
- Experience with Revenue or ASC606 implementation
- Experience with M&A processes and integration activity
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.