Software Engineer- ATG Motion Planning
About the Role
As a Software Engineer at Uber ATG, you'll be working on code that's closest to the business. This is a rare opportunity to build products used by internal and autonomy teams to operate the safest, most reliable, and efficient autonomous fleet. Our engineers work on critical measurement methodologies and tooling to help teams assess their software for safety and comfort.
What You'll Do
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled group of people all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience
- BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Strong general Linux experience
- Strong coding skills in C++
- Master's or PhD level training in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Strong coding skills in Python
- Experience mining and analyzing data to inform product requirements
- Knowledge of computer vision and machine learning fundamentals
- Familiarity with open source software development tools and frameworks.
- Experience with building web-scale distributed systems, common open source components supporting such systems
- Prior experience in software engineering within the autonomous vehicle field.
- Experience with Systems Engineering Processes and requirements
- Excellent communication skills
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Boulder, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.