Data Science Manager, Rider Analytics
About the Role
The Rider "core analytics science" team in Bangalore, India is responsible for optimizing the customer-side growth engine of the largest ride-sharing business in the world. The Bangalore Rider product team has a global charter to build and optimize Rider end-user features and products to drive growth and entrance into new markets. Current initiatives focus on optimizing the process of onboarding riders (signup & login flows, facilitating transition to engaged riders) as well as developing new product offerings such as high capacity vehicles and simpler versions of the Rider app in emerging markets.
As the manager on the Rider analytics team in Bangalore, you will have an opportunity to lead the strategy of the analytics team and partner with the director of product in Bangalore to help shape the product strategy. The scope of the role further extends to analytics and data engineering strategy of the rider product generally, including working with India-based data engineering and analytics teams that support all aspects of the Rider app. You will offer a mertic driven perspective and work closely with product, engineering, and operations as well as collaborating with data science teams in the US. You and your team will use product interaction data and sophisticated analyses to find opportunities to make the product work better.
What you'll do
- Lead a team of analysts and data scientists covering multiple product areas to develop a strategy and advise on analytics problem-solving questions
- Work with several PMs and engineering managers to optimize the product from data
- Lead and contribute to general analytics initiatives across multiple teams in the India and US
- Perform intensive analysis across all areas of our business to drive growth strategies, including product development and rider engagement strategies
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and measurable conclusions
- Present findings to senior management to inform business decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across fields such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
What You'll Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a quantitative analysis role with emphasis on statistics
- BA/BS/MS in Math, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field (advanced degrees are a plus)
- Prior management and analytics leadership experience
- Excitement about building up the capabilities of a new team
- Excellent SQL skills and the ability to use tools such as Python or R to work efficiently at scale with large data sets
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- Ability to deliver on tight timelines and move quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Superb communication and organization skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.