Regional Security Center Lead
About the Role
Uber Global Security protects our global workforce, assets and facilities across the globe. To accomplish our mission, we are seeking a Regional Security Center Lead, who will develop and lead the regional operations center program in Latin America (LatAm) and integrate seamlessly with our LatAm Security team and the Global Security Center. This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting, busy and fast paced Security and Crisis Management role.
What you'll Do
This position has these main deliverables :
- Lead Uber's Latin America Regional Security Center analysts and operators, and ensure senior management receives actionable information to help them make quick, well-informed decisions during major events.
- Identify, assess and escalate near-term threats/incidents that may pose a risk to Uber's staff, assets and operations across LatAm.
- You will work well under pressure, have excellent communication skills and a keen interest in international security and current affairs.
- Our ideal candidate must be able to interact positively with various stakeholders across the full spectrum of business units and demonstrate ownership of deliverables. It is essential that he/she will build and maintain positive rapport with key stakeholders, understands and adapts to nuances of different internal customers, and enhance a sustainable and scalable program from the ground up.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 4+ years of project management or program management, threat analysis, research, or international relations experience as well as watch and/or operations center experience
- 3+ years of experience leading or managing a team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to perform under pressure
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Experience in a Watch Center, Fusion Center, or experience providing quick response assessments.
- Proven ability to locate, process and synthesize large amounts of information quickly
- Experience with global security management, travel safety programs, and security operations.
- Travel as necessary, domestic and international
- A team player with a passion for security, current affairs and Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.