Build Tools Lead
About the Role
In this role, you'll work with Developer Experience leadership and engineers to scale and operate our build infrastructure. Come apply your distributed systems knowledge to automatically and efficiently scale our distributed build tools to meet the needs of hundreds of engineers. You'll also mentor and guide junior team members and help them to grow in their careers, and guide architectural decisions about our software build system and cloud-based build clusters.
- Have built and run large distributed compute systems, and preferably have experience working on developer platforms
- 6+ years of experience
- Prior experience leading a team of software engineers
- Past experience running complex systems in AWS
- Comfortable with using a modern build system (Bazel, Buck, etc.)
- Some Java experience preferred
- Exceptional candidates will have strong familiarity with hermetic build systems and the Bazel build tool in particular
- Strong modern C++ skills are a huge plus
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.