Engineering Manager, Sofia
About the Role
Uber is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead Uber's tax & compliance engineering team based in Sofia, Bulgaria. As a leader of the team, you will be tasked with building, mentoring, developing and growing a team of world class software engineers to design and build experiences that are highly reliable while being used by millions of people daily.
What You'll Do
- Influence, build, and guide all phases of the product lifecycle
- Work with engineers and product to create roadmaps
- Work closely with the Finance team to bring end to end solutions to life
- Work to enhance the platform with third-party integrations
- Lead and enable engineers across the stack
- Actively mentor and support team members in their careers
- Foster a positive & collaborate work culture that empowers the team
- Dig into the complex but rewarding world of tax & compliance
What You'll Need
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in a variety of contexts
- Experience interviewing, hiring, and empowering teams
- Experience building scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems or large mobile/web apps
- Ability to provide quality documentation, for both internal and external consumption
- Bias toward action
- Fluent in Bulgarian
About the Team
- Our team is responsible for several key capabilities associated with a trip or a delivery: from real-time tax rate calculation, to issuing all related documents that are important for our riders and partners (receipts, invoices, tax reports), to providing our partners with real-time and easy access to their tax data from within 3rd party partner applications like Intuit, Stride and HR Block. The platforms that we build need to be highly scalable (handling data from dozens of millions of trips per day), highly available (our riders and partners need access to their documents & data 24/7) and highly flexible (Uber is operating in 80+ countries around the world, each with its own compliance requirements)
- Visit our Sofia Engineering website here.
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.