Sr iOS Engineer (Uber AI)
About the Role
As an engineer on the team, you will be building mobile libraries and components around collection and in-app use of phone sensors. This data collected here enables some of the most important parts of Uber's business - Fares, Matching, Safety, Pickup Experience, and more. Additionally, as we look to move more of machine learning to mobile devices, you will be working closely with the mobile and ML engineers to enable this.
What You'll Do
- Design and build libraries that are used in all Uber apps (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, etc) used by millions of people
- Work closely with backend developers, cross platform developers like navigation/mapping etc to build Uber's core location + sensor SDKs and libraries. These libraries are used by various product teams.
- Work closely with research engineers in integrating some advanced location related algorithms on mobile.
- Evaluate and build solutions for doing ML at scale directly on iOS devices.
- Build protocols to collect data from non-phone devices like the Uber Beacon.
- Collaborating with product and data science to execute short term and longer term projects, design experiment plans, roll out plan and coordinate roll outs.
- 4 years of full-time engineering experience
- Strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C
- Deep understanding of iOS SDK
- Experience designing apps, frameworks or SDK
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experiences with mapping or navigation solutions
- Provide to the wider iOS community via open source
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.