Sr Associate/ Manager, Performance Management
The Organizational Development (OD) team is focused on enabling Uber to achieve its strategic vision by setting up effective processes and people practices which empower people to do their best work in order to accelerate the business. Key areas of focus for the OD team is: Performance Management, Culture & Engagement, Succession Planning, Talent Review, Onboarding and Change Management.
About the Role
This critical role will be responsible for leading the performance management execution for Engineering at Uber. This person will own the implementation of performance management processes, communication, training and related technology systems.
You will report to the Head of Performance Management.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for leading the Engineer population through critical performance management landmarks including goal setting, mid-year, and year-end reviews. You will own and execute the full performance management cycle to ensure managers and employees understand and follow the process.
- Program Planning and Execution: Administer, organize, and coordinate the global Engineering population performance management process
- Data Analytics & Integration: Gather data and conduct analysis to identify trends in performance, and work with key People partners to build/improve solutions to address gaps and areas for improvement (customer Survey Design and execution)
- Product Requirements & Performance/Talent Management System Implementation to streamline and automate the process
- Main POC for inquiries coming in from Eng employees regarding process, tools, etc.
- Support the design of performance calibration sessions to ensure objective talent decisions are made in a fair and transparent manner
- Demonstrate a user-centric approach to propose solutions/improvements that are simple, clear, fair and effective
- Deliver a communication and execution strategy for the new Perf system including manager training and employee onboarding
- Communicate, train and provide guidance and tools to leaders and employees so that they are informed, trained and mentored on all aspects of perf cycle
- Run the timeline, development, and delivery of performance management communication, including timelines and program implementation dates
- Policy development and update
- Program Documentation (Play-booking, process maps) and Change Management (Comms Design and Management)
- Advanced knowledge of the following: Excel, macros, SQL, sophisticated formulas, google forms, or queries
- Experience delivering programs as well as scalable project management
- Overall 8 years of proven experience delivering programs in performance management area, ideally in a Human Resources OD role
- Consistent track record of performing big data analysis and synthesizing it
- Hands-on familiarity with tools and practices for project management, stakeholder management and results tracking
- Experience developing and owning operational processes
- Experience in Compensation planning processes
- Performance strategy planning and execution; using data to proactively conceptualize and anticipate challenges to transform problems into opportunities
- Experience with performance management administrative systems and tools
- Experience with identifying, managing and influencing partners
- Experience with global organizations and a matrixed environment
- Critical and creative thinking
- Agile and design thinking skills preferred
- Passionate about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.