Strategy & Operations Lead, Global Marketing
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Strategy & Operations Lead to support strategic initiatives, marketing & business planning and operations across our global marketing organization. While this role will report to the Director of Marketing operations, it will work in close partnership with Uber's Marketing VP, taking on chief-of-staff responsibilities and serving as a project leader and strategic advisor to Uber's marketing leadership team. It is a role that requires a combination of deep strategic expertise, curiosity, maturity and grit, with excellent judgment, exceptional range (no task is too small to be performed with excellence) and unwavering discretion (you will handle or be exposed to confidential and often privileged information on a regular basis).
The ideal candidate is highly self-directed and has solid experience in marketing and business strategy, strategic and operational planning, as well as driving executive-level communications and stakeholder management. They will be comfortable managing planning processes and working cross-functionally with key partners across Marketing, Operations, Finance, and HR to solve Uber's toughest challenges, advocate for high-priority projects, and drive greater operational rigor within the global marketing team.
What You'll Do
- Lead annual and half-year business planning, defining marketing programs in collaboration with Product Marketing and Brand teams, facilitating global OKR setting and prioritization, as well as marketing headcount planning and budget allocation
- Ensure progress and tracking towards agreed priorities and OKRs
- Proactively identify and lead strategic initiatives to advance the impact of Uber's marketing efforts and optimize day-to-day operations
- Manage day-to-day operational needs which may include leading projects on behalf of Uber's marketing VP, working with the Head of Mobility Marketing on strategic marketing plans for Uber's mobility business and preparing for executive level reviews
- Own global monthly business and quarterly marketing reviews and other executive level communications, gatekeeping and maintaining the highest bar of quality
- Define and optimize the marketing operating calendar to enable effective execution and alignment whilst also anticipating ever changing needs of the business
- Own the marketing and headcount budget effectively by collaborating and taking inputs across the Marketing Leadership Team and delivering headcount or budget investment models (the latter in partnership with relevant business lead)
- Lead complex multi-functional projects and strategic initiatives
- 4 year degree required
- 3-5 years experience required in management consulting or corporate strategy ideally at Engagement Manager level
- 2-4 years experience in a marketing role
- Ability to work across global cultures and influence senior leaders
- Highly-proactive, extremely organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects at the same time
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas and extract the significant nuggets of information relevant to a particular audience
- Track record of strategic story-telling and being able to make compelling arguments to executive leadership
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber