Marketing Operations Manager II, Enablement
About the role
We're looking for an experienced marketing operations professional to lead the implementation, maintenance and optimisation of marketing work management tools and processes across the globe. Working closely with the marketing leadership and the Program Management, Tech team, you will be responsible for driving tool and systems implementation across the marketing organization, at times acting as an internal consultant and identifying opportunities for marketers to work more consistently and efficiently at scale. A deeply cross-functional role, requiring both strategic and tactical execution, the right candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, hands-on environment, with proven ability to transform how work gets done across marketing teams.
- Lead end-to-end implementation of marketing-wide work management platform
- Administration of project management tooling and asset management systems in support of government system policy and procedures, as well as legal compliance and rights management
- Create scalable marketing and system processes that ensure best practices in marketing, creative and campaign management
- Standardize project and enhancement intake process, prioritization, assignment, and execution across marketing
- Work directly with marketing teams to drive adoption of marketing tools and technologies and develop product requirements and prioritization for development teams to build marketing systems
- Translate marketers' feedback and needs of marketing tools into process or product solutions and partner with relevant tech teams to see through prioritization and execution
- Proactively find opportunities to optimize our process for better visibility or scale, or campaigns for better performance or experience.
- Have a keen focus to identify areas of business that can be improved through process architecture, elimination of complexity and streamlining workflows
- Manage 3rd party relationships with technology vendors
- 6+ years of experience managing resources, tasks, and workflows in a marketing project/program management environment or similar role
- 4+ years of marketing experience
- Experience building business process maps and maintaining process documentation standards and templates for Marketing related processes
- Proven history of driving multiple complex projects at the same time to on-time completion in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to move fast, adapt, and thrive in a dynamic startup environment where you derive priorities, requirements, and goals from company context
- Strong interpersonal skills: experience collaborating successfully with diverse cross-functional teams, driving the right work while not being afraid to say "no"
- Ability to think beyond today's challenges and drive cross-functional teams toward a coherent long-term vision
- Critical thinker, you don't take directives at face value, you consider the task at hand, offering constructive feedback to improve processes
- Independent, motivated and excited to roll-up your sleeves
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Experience with enterprise work management solutions (workfront, wrike, asana)
- Experience in the marketing industry or working for a large consumer brand.
- Track record of building business process maps and maintaining process documentation standards and templates for Marketing technology related processes
- Experience in designing and implementing martech stacks that have sensible cost structures and avoid application sprawl
- Experience building solutions for business stakeholder teams such as Marketing, Creative and Finance
- Basic understanding of software development and system integration processes
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.