Sr Data Engineer (Architect), Rider Data Platform
About the Role
If you are interested in building large scale data pipelines that impact how Uber makes decisions about Rider lifecycle and experience, join the Rider Data Platform team. Uber collects petabyte scale analytics data from the different Ride booking apps. Help us build the software systems and data models that will enable data scientists to reason about user behavior and build models for consumption by different rider facing program teams.
What You'll Do
- Define the Rider Data Architecture
- Identify unified data models collaborating with Data Science teams
- Streamline data processing of the original event sources and consolidate them in source of truth event logs
- Build and maintain real-time/batch data pipelines that can consolidate and clean up usage analytics
- Build systems that monitor data losses from the mobile sources
- Devise strategies to consolidate and compensate the data losses by correlating different sources
- Solve challenging data problems with cutting edge design and algorithms.
What You`ll need:
- Architecture: Knowledge of data structures and an eye for architecture. You can discuss the tradeoff between architectural choices, both on a theoretical level and on an applied level.
- Design and business acumen: You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you're working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Strong coding/debugging abilities: You have advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, and are happy to learn more. Our core languages are Java, Python, and Scala.
Big data: Experience with Distributed systems such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka is preferred.
Data pipeline: Strong understanding in SQL, Database. Experience in building data pipelines is a great plus. Love getting your hands dirty with the data implementing custom ETLs to shape it into information.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.