Sr Software Engineer (Frontend/Fullstack) - Global Screenings
About the Role
In this role, you will build software which is imperative to customer safety globally. You will be involved in all parts of the development lifecycle from ideation and specification, to implementation and support of this critical component of Uber.
Uber is looking for a strong and experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join its Screenings team. In this role, you will build software which is core to keeping customers safe. You'll participate in building the next generation of our screenings platform, which will drive efficiency, delight our customers and deliver on our promise of safety for everyone on our platform. As this project is greenfield, you will be driving the architecture, strategy and execution, while simultaneously acting as a multiplier for your team members, enabling them to do and become more.
About the Team
The Screenings team at Uber is responsible for inventing, managing and scaling background checks and other third party signals globally for a variety of customer types (drivers, restaurants, businesses etc.) in a reliable and efficient way. Screenings services intersect with and provide key information to enable and support business-critical areas such as Safety, Growth, Compliance and Risk.
What You'll Do
- Execute on user experience and user interface solutions which support global screenings, with a focus on quality, efficiency and scalability.
- Focus on delivering engaging and simplified user experience with a critical sense of design and user interactions.
- Drive best of breed approach to user design and interaction both within the team and within the broader compliance organisation.
- Through collaboration with product, operations, safety, legal and engineering, you will build solutions which delight our customers and support the ever-changing needs of compliance worldwide.
- Foster a culture of quality, ownership and constant learning on the team.
- Work closely with backend engineering to design architecture and API's to ensure great product experiences.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in computer science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience creating user centered designs and design principles.
- You have experience with any of the following: Base Web, Fusion.js
- Strong attention to detail
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.